Tuesday, July 18, 2006

4 am

Why oh why is Maggie trying to kill me? Her early wake-up time of 5 or 5:30 for the last month or so apparently wasn't good enough this morning. What time did she wake up, you ask? 4am. Yes, that would be 4 o'clock in the morning. 4 hours after midnight--which is the time my screwed up body FINALLY fell asleep, despite much effort on my behalf. 4 freaking am. And was she content to just chill on the couch and watch Dora or something (thank GOD for Tivo!!)? Of course not! She wanted to play and sing and dance. DH came out of the room at 6:10 and took her upstairs with him for a while while he ate breakfast, but other than that, she's been with me since 4am.

What the heck am I going to do about this?! I seem to be physically incapable of going to sleep before 11:30 or 12, and her wake up time gets earlier and earlier. and have I mentioned that she has napped maybe two times in the last 3 weeks? yeah. fun. She goes to bed at 7. We have tried for the last two night to push it back to 8 to see if that would make a difference. Obviously not. She's only 2.5...surely she needs more than 10 hours of sleep.

ugh. Somebody mentioned giving her melatonin, but I don't know if it's safe or how much or whatever. Oh and I've tried the taking her back to bed thing over and over and over. Screaming. She's just awake early. WIDE freaking awake.

off to try to salvage my morning. have a good one, folks!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

OH - Sinead! That really sucks, huh? LOL! What is up with her little body alarm? My boys get up as early as 6am, but that's usually the earliest! Ugh! We've tried to get them to sleep til 7, by changing bedtimes and such too, to no avail, I'm sorry to say. It has settled into around 6:45 for us though! So maybe there's hope...

Unknown said...

Ugh! That is way too early for such a little thing! Does she already have her 2-year molars? I'm thinking that teething might be mixing her up or something. My 2.5 year old is starting to ditch his naps too, but he still sleeps from 8 to 7 most nights.

I have used Hyland's Calms Forte for Kids on my little guy a few times if he is just being totally crazy and not sleeping. You might see if it's in the organics section of your grocery store. I hope she sleeps soon, and lets you get your much-needed sleep!!

jane said...

i feel for you!!! been there done that! Heres hopin that you get some sleep soon!!