Thursday, May 04, 2006

So...my news

I'm pregnant! :)



Some of you may have guessed this already, but I finally got in to see the doctor today and it's official. I'm 9 weeks--the baby has a good strong heartbeat and is developing right according to plan. The due date that they gave me today is December 8, but this will be a c-section baby, so it'll probably be about 2 weeks before that (right around Miss Maggie's birthday lol).

It was a total shock for us. It took over 2 years and several miscarriages to get Maggie, so we just counted our blessings and left it up to God. I just realized last week that it had been a while and I was feeling out of whack, so I did a test and what do ya know, it popped up right away. I still can't really believe it. :)

We told DH's parents today, and we're going to tell my family tomorrow evening. If any of you know my family--mum's the word until tomorrow night! We want it to be a surprise. I'm working on a really cute little shirt for Maggie ("big sister to be" with a little bumble bee instead of the word "be"), so hopefully they'll pick up on it right away. Here's the image:


That cool alpha is Gina Miller's Funky Basic Black and the font is MA Sexy. I downloaded the bee image from the web. I printed out the image on a photo transfer paper and I'm going to iron it on to Maggie's t-shirt, so hopefully it'll look good!

Usually they come to Maggie's side of the car first, so that should be good, too, since I'm already showing a bit--boy does it happen faster with the 2nd one! The doc thought I was 10-14 weeks, but the ultrasound said otherwise. We'll see if things change as the baby grows.

Anyway, I just wanted to share. :)

17 comments:

Ginger Thibodeau said...

Oh congrats! That is wonderful news! You must be so excited. I wish you a healthy pregnancy -- I will have to live through you -- don't think we are ready for another (course, who is ever really ready)

J R Estelle said...

YAY - that's AWESOME, congratulations and good thoughts your way.

Melissa Ives said...

Congrats girl...you are having a great month!!!

Shawna Taylor said...

Yay the news is finally out! Congrats again Sinead!! I love Maggie's t-shirt! That is so cute! If we ever have any more I may have to use that idea!

And yeah the second time around things seem to happen alot sooner! Seems like with Kelsie I was barely 6 weeks & showing already!

Angie Wags said...

Congrats, Sinead! That will make a darling t-shirt!

Gina said...

I am so so so excited for you Sinead! Congrats to your whole family... especially big sister Maggie!!!! :D

traci said...

It sure does take less time to show with #2, but it's nice since that gives us the excuse to wear the maternity clothes sooner :)

Congratulations and I love the idea for the shirt - very cute!

Jennifer said...

Well congrats!! How exciting! I also struggled for almost 2 years to get pregnant so I know how nice it must be not to have to go through that with #2. So glad you have a good strong heartbeat! YAY!! :)

Shannon Bieger said...

Awwww! Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo....what a great story...so EXCITING and I'm so thrilled for you that things worked out like they did...love when things fall into place in such a wonderful way!!!

Warmly,
Shanah

Robin said...

I thought that might be your secret. CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family. Praying for an easy pregnancy for you. Your t-shirt is too cute.

Angela said...

You know I'm happy for ya girlie!!!!

MrsG said...

Congratulations!!! Take Care, Sinead. Beth

Edhish said...

congrats Girl...
and please take care of your health dear

Edhish

Justine (aka Bellbird) said...

i just noticed the new addition to your siggy @ TDC- congrats and glad there was less stress involved with this conception - great shirt print, love the bee - all the best with the pregnancy

Leslie said...

Oh, this is great news! Congratulations to you and your DH, Sinead! Have a happy Mother's Day.
*Hugs*

Jody Knapp said...

Congratulations and that is the cutest idea ever!